Simple Hacks for an Easy Move
Moving is a huge undertaking on its own, but relocating can add a whole other level of stress and potential complications. No matter where you are moving to, these 10 simple tips can help make your relocation a success!
Hi I’m Eren Millam with Premiere Property Group, and I have seen all of the stress that comes with moving during my time in real estate, so we put these tips together to give you a smooth move. Without further adieu, here are 10 Tips for a successful relocation.
10 Simple Tips for a Smooth Relocation
- Visit your new city ahead of time to learn the layout and the culture. Make sure it’s a place you will be comfortable living and that the cost of living works in your budget before accepting a job or starting the move.
- When looking for a new home, make a list of what’s important to you. Short commute to work? Top schools? Medical care? Proximity to parks or downtown? Make sure your agent knows what’s important to you so they can find the perfect home for you.
- With your new home in mind, purge while you pack. Donate or sell items you won’t need so you have less to move and unpack in the new house.
- Ask your agent to help you find free or inexpensive moving boxes.
- Carefully label moving boxes on multiple sides so that you will know what’s inside and which room they should go in. Using different colored labels can be helpful as well.
- Pack a necessities box for each person, plus one for the kitchen, one for the bathroom, and one for electronics. Make them the last thing to leave the old house and the first thing unpacked at the new house.
- If you are hiring movers, plan ahead and shop around, and ask your agent if you need a reputable recommendation.
- Don’t forget to cancel delivery services, change your address with the post office, and transfer your utilities.
- If you’re moving for a job, make it a point to know your new co-workers, This can be an easy way to begin to meet new people and a great resource for you as you get to know your new area.
- Your realtor should also be able to guide you through the buying process, which may be different in your new location. Your realtor will also be a resource for neighborhoods, schools, shopping and other important questions about the community you are headed for.
Bonus Relocation Tip
If you are thinking about relocating, call me first and I can provide you with a packing checklist and help you get started with a seamless move. You can contact me here: CONTACT EREN’s TEAM
Thinking of buying or selling your home in the west Lewis County area?
Get your FREE Buyer & Seller Guide
Find out how much equity you’ve gained with a FREE Market Analysis
Want even more information before making a decision?